DisAbility Rights Idaho provides the following services free of charge:
- Inform people with disabilities about their rights;
- Advocate to protect the rights of people with disabilities;
- Monitor conditions in public and private facilities;
- Investigate rights violations, abuse, neglect, or deaths in facilities;
- Outreach to underserved ethnic and disability communities;
- Represent individuals with disabilities based on priorities and case selection criteria;
- Promote public policies that improve the lives of people with disabilities;
- Educate people with disabilities, their families and representatives about self-advocacy.
DisAbility Rights Idaho always tries to resolve problems with the lowest feasible level of intervention, such as: counseling, investigation, mediation, negotiation, arbitration or administrative reviews and appeals. However, as directed by Congress, we have the capacity to provide full legal representation for our clients, including litigation, if necessary.