DisAbility Rights Idaho (DRI) is hiring a full-time ADVOCATE in its Boise office. DRI is a non-profit disability rights agency, providing advocacy and legal services to protect the rights of people with disabilities.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree in related field, or equivalent experience, with at least one year of direct experience working with individuals with disabilities. Ability to obtain government clearance by the U.S. Government Office of Personnel Management (OPM) is required for this position.
Desired attributes of an advocate include the ability to:
- Understand advocacy and independent living principles
- Conduct investigations and write thorough reports with recommendations
- Maintain accurate electronic and hardcopy documentation of advocacy efforts
- Demonstrate knowledge of disability related community resources
- Demonstrate knowledge of disability related Federal and State laws
- Effectively communicate in a variety of settings and formats
- Adhere to company values regarding civil rights and cultural competency
- Participate in public policy activities
- Communicate legal concepts and complex material in a variety of ways
- Manage multiple tasks and adhere to timelines
- Positively manage individuals in crisis situations
- Conduct compensated travel in/out of state to effectively represent a client and/or conduct agency business
Ability to speak Spanish and/or knowledge of Social Security Administration programs a plus. $34,641+ annually DOE with comprehensive benefits. DisAbility Rights Idaho is an Equal Opportunity Employer and dedicated to a diverse workforce. EEO/AA/D/V
To apply, please send cover letter; resume, including 3 references; and sample of professional written work (redacted investigative report, funder report, etc.) Cover letter must indicate: a) your personal and professional motivation for seeking this position; b) a discussion of how you meet each of the minimum qualifications and any of the desired atributes for this position; and, c) willingness to complete the required SSA suitability clearance background investigation or if a current clearance exists.
Resumes must be postmarked by Tuesday, January 15, 2019. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered. Send to DisAbility Rights Idaho, 4477 Emerald Street, Suite B-100, Boise, ID 83706 or by email to email@example.com. Absolutely no phone calls.