DisAbility Rights Idaho (DRI), Idaho’s Protection and Advocacy System, has an opening for two full-time Staff Attorneys in its Boise and Pocatello offices.
DRI is a non-profit civil rights law office providing legal advocacy services statewide to Idahoans with disabilities. Services include: legal advice and representation, intake and referral, outreach, training, abuse and neglect investigations and public policy advocacy. DRI has 15 staff members including attorneys, advocates, administrators and support personnel. Core program funding comes from annualized federal grants.
The successful candidate will provide advocacy for individuals with legal issues related to their disability, including, but not limited to conducting abuse and neglect investigations, including deaths, administrative fair hearings, court hearings in guardianship matters, public presentations and federal litigation. This position requires working with individuals and families of persons with developmental, physical and mental health issues.
Salary Range: Starting salary 49,490-53,295 DOE + benefits.
- Idaho State Bar active membership or immediate eligibility for membership
- Experience working with persons with disabilities — intellectual, physical or mental health issues
- Excellent communication skills, orally and in writing
- Experience in individual representation and policy advocacy
- Ability to relate effectively and respectfully to persons with disabilities
- Commitment to the principles of community integration and self-determination for persons with disabilities
- Commitment to protecting and advocating for the civil rights of persons with disabilities
- Willingness to travel and work extended hours when necessary
DRI is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Minorities and People with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a letter of interest, resume, references and writing sample to: Legal Director, DisAbility Rights Idaho, 1246 Yellowstone Ave. A3, Pocatello, ID 83201; by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org; or by FAX to 208-232-0938. Cover letter should indicate order of preference for Boise or Pocatello office.
We would like to fill this position as soon as practicable. Submissions will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Submissions will be accepted until the position is filled. Reasonable accommodations for any portion of the application or interview process are available at request.