VEYO NON-EMERGENCY MEDICALTRANSPORTATION (NEMT)
CONTRACT TERMINATION - TALKING POINTS
Veyo, LLC has terminated its contract with the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare to provide Non-Emergency Medical Transportation Services (NEMT) for Medicaid beneficiaries in Idaho, effective March 5, 2018. The Department of Health and Welfare and the State Division of Purchasing (DOP) are working to secure the services of a new NEMT provider with no disruption in services to Medicaid participants.
Approximately 100,000 NEMT trips are provided each month for Idaho Medicaid participants who need transportation to access their Medicaid-covered services.
Participant and Stakeholder Callers
- Veyo will continue to provide NEMT services for Medicaid participants through March 5, 2018.
- You should not experience a break in your NEMT benefits. Please continue to contact Veyo at 1-877503-1261 to schedule your transportation. If you do experience any problems, please contact us immediately at 1-800-296-0509 or Medicaid transport adhw.idaho.gov.
- Medicaid has established a Transportation Advisory Committee (TAC) to improve the NEMT program. The TAC includes Medicaid participants, transportation providers, behavioral health and developmental disability representatives, key Medicaid staff, advocacy agencies and legislative representation. This group will continue its work through the contract transition period.
- Questions can be directed to key Medicaid staff at 1-800-296-0509 or Medicaidtransport@adhw.idaho.gov
NEMIT Provider Callers
- Veyo will continue to provide NEMT services for Medicaid participants through March 5, 2018. Medicaid’s expectation is that Weyo will continue to provide NEMT services and assist in facilitating a transition to the new NEMT broker.
- The new NEMT broker will be responsible for setting rates. Medicaid will share the rate structures used by both Weyo and the previous NEMT broker.
- Providers will be required to enroll with the new NEMT broker in order to be paid for services provided after March 5, 2018. More information will be provided once the new NEMT broker has been determined and enrollment criteria have been developed.
- Questions related to the contracting process can be directed to DOP at (208) 332-1600.
- Questions can be directed to key Medicaid staff at 1-800-296-0509 or Medicaidtransport@dhW.idaho.gov
- Weyo will continue to provide NEMT services for Medicaid participants through March 5, 2018.
- For questions related to the contract process, please contact the Division of Purchasing at (208) 332 1600.